Samford University's Howard College of Arts and Sciences
Samford Energy Forum, 2015
The one-day event will feature expert speakers and topics focused on Alabama’s energy resources, including sessions on:
• The Status of oil & gas development in Alabama
• Regulation of oil & gas development as technology advances
• The energy-water nexus
• Alabama Legislative Session Update
• CO2 capture for enhanced oil recovery
• Geological assessment of Alabama's oil sand resources
• Alabama's shale development potential
• Hydraulic fracturing best practices.
Alabama State Geologist and Oil and Gas Supervisor Nick Tew will present the forum’s keynote address.
The forum will begin at 8:30 a.m. and conclude at 4:30 p.m., with lunch included in the registration fee of $35 (non-student) or $10 (student, non-Samford). Samford students may register for the forum free-of-charge.
* free for Samford Students
Registration will remain open until the day of the conference.
Participants seeking continuing education credits from their employers should contact Samford Energy Forum to request required documentation.